Saturday, January 19, 2008

School

The perfunctory message about how school is going may not be my most interesting post, but it is at least necessary to understanding the way days go here. School is set up much like an elementary school, or at best a remedial high school. We have small classes every day and homework each day that we turn in for a check. We have a few big tests throughout the semester and quizzes whenever our professors are bored or couldn't finish a lesson plan for the day.
Of course everything is in Spanish so the teachers speak slowly and clearly, making sure to enunciate well accept for one teacher who more sounds more like she's auctioning horses than teaching literature but who is so attractive and thin for a 30 year old with two kids that no one can stay mad at her. Two kids, she must bowflex all the time.
I'm sure I would hate every minute of my classes if the teachers were not so darn talented as educators. Each one is so knowledgeable on the topics they teach and so capable at conveying them that even though I despise the workload and the endless reading in spanish, I find myself impressed and interested in the material and content to complain to my peers and learn much more than I care to.
Thats my short bit about school. My next entry will be about the roman ruins of italica that we visited recently. I'm glad you liked my last entry grandma, I will try to get pictures up soon and thanks again for the emails. Hasta luego.

No comments: